Thursday, January 10, 2013

         1.) The spray paint project was my favorite out of all the projects I completed this semester.  I think it came out successful because of the way I cut it and the colors I chose.  After changing the appearance of the image on the computer using threshold, the Xacto knife allowed me to cut the white portions out of the image, replacing that space with the spray paint.  Also, the back round of the project I really liked.  I liked ripping the pieces out of the books and pasting them because it gave it a sort of textured look.  The watercolors also made it look even nicer because since I used black spray paint, the color really made the image stand out.  I think that you can really tell what the the image is right away when you look at it.  All the different aspects to this project, I think, made it come out very successful, making it my favorite.







          2.) In the anamorphosis drawing I learned the most.  There were different elements to this project to make it look different from different perspectives.  There were many different techniques used in this project, which is why I felt that I learned the most.  I used the computer to stretch the image so that it would look distorted.  Then by creating a grid in my sketchbook made it easier to transfer the image because it showed me exactly where to draw things.  Also, by using colored pencils I had to use different shades of blues, purples, blacks, etc. Each part of the image had different shading and using the techniques we learned helped bring the project together. In other projects, its not necessary to know how to use a lot of techniques, but with this one, many were used to make it look good in  perspective.





         3.) In the clay tile project everything I learned this semester was somehow incorporated.  Over the past couple weeks, I have been learning many different things that I didn't have knowledge of in art.  Different techniques to make a project look successful.  I feel this project was saved for last because almost everything we learned was in some way used in this tile.  While sculpting we had to show texture in everything so that it looked lifelike. Also, after the clay was fired, we had to put a base down with paint and a lot of water, like the watercolors.  After the base was dry, we used what we learned in the landscape drawing, with all the different colors, how to mix them to create different colors that weren't given.  Also, using knowledge from the landscape painting, the fact that we had to work from the back round forward, made is easier to make the project look neat.  Finally after painting, a glaze was put over the finished product to make everything come together and look really nice.





         4.) For the game drawing, I think it was least important.  We had to use the perspective techniques that we were taught to make it look 3D. After drawing the image, we first had to put down a layer of water colors before shading it in with colored pencils.  I don't think the watercolors were necessary because in the final result you couldn't even tell that watercolors were used.  It just looked like it was colored in with colored pencils.  Even though we used perspective in this piece, we had to do other projects using this technique that allowed us to practice it enough that we knew what we were doing, such as the city drawing.  I didn't think that his project was really important because by the time we did it, we already practiced all of the techniques used in it enough.  Although it came out nice, I feel that maybe we could have done something else, like use oil pastels instead of colored pencils to make it more interesting.




      
        5.) The landscape painting represents me most as an artist.  I didn't really enjoy the other projects like i did with the landscape.  I liked the fact that we picked our own picture that we had because we had some sort of connection to the picture compared to a picture just find on the Internet.  This image was a picture my friend took back in New Jersey where I used to live. This painting reminded me of where I used to live and brought back good memories.  Also, i just really like painting.  If I could choose between drawing, shading, spray painting, or painting, i would defiantly choose painting.  I feel as if you can pretty much do anything, and if you mess up, just paint right over it.  I feel that this project was very successful because I followed directions and put a lot of lights and darks, shading, and texture in the painting.  Also, I worked from the back round forward so that the image was realistic and you could tell what was closer in the image and what was far in this distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment